Monday, May 18, 2009

number 2

So, I'm in a writing mood tonight. So I'm gonna write. But in different posts because these topics are sooooooooo completely unrelated.

Let me just tell you about money. Do you have any idea how much money I have wasted over the course of my life. I buy things just to throw them out. Two years. Three weeks. Seven Days. A decade. I mean, pretty much everything I've ever boughten will be thrown away, given away or destroyed throughout the course of my life. It's kind of ridiculous. We work to make money to buy things that we will throw away. Wouldn't it me so much cooler if we worked because we enjoyed working and just happened to get paid doing so? That's my goal in life. I just want to work at a job I like. Nothing pisses me off more than people complaining about how much they hate their job. Sure, we all have days where work sucks, but day after day after goddamn day is about ridiuclous. Here's an idea, asshat: READ THE FUCKING CLASSIFIEDS. FIND A NEW JOB. If you hate something SO much, then leave. Think about this. We live on a planet, a BIG planet compared to a human. There is literally a world of opportunity out there, so if you are unhappy, find something else.

But back to the money thing. Money bothers me. Pieces of paper determine your status in the world. Success is commonly associated by your money in the bank which sucks because some people are just great and have nothing. I mean, if money were something other than fancy paper that can go through a washer and dryer without being destroyed, then maybe I'd consider it more important. Trading and bartering things would be kind of sweet. I think I'd enjoy that more than buying things from giant chain stores with little originality. I mean, just when you think, 'oh, wow, I am a unique individual,' think about this. Somebody in California--fuck, somebody in the county next to you--is wearing those same sweatpants you bought on the clearance rack at wal mart. And wal mart is still making profit. Money bugs the shit out of me. I could complain about it all day, all night and still want more. It's like a bad relationship in which the sex is good. You hate it, you want to get out...but damn once you've been fucked, you just can't leave. Oh money is a bittersweet thing.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
(and dollar signs are pretty sweet lookin, too)

No comments:

Post a Comment